Block Party & Chili Cook-Off
The 29th Annual Giles Chamber Chili Cook-Off is Thursday, October 3rd with the Here's the Beef's Block Party. LIVE MUSIC will take us into the night to kick-off a fun-filled weekend and our local school Fall Break!
Chili Cook-off tickets are adults $7, children $3 for all the taste chili, cornbread, drinks and cookies, while supplies last of course. This is event is one of two annual fundraisers for the Chamber. From these proceeds, we are proud to contribute $1,000 to Martin Methodist's Giles County Scholarship.
Theme this year..... FARM FEST!
Rather than taking the chance on fitting our HUGE event indoors, we have scheduled a RAIN DATE of Oct. 17 for the Chili Cook-off.
- Sign up for a Booth by Monday, Sept. 30th.
- Each booth space will be 10' wide x 10' deep.
- If you would like to use the electricity of a business, you must ask for permission and make appropriate arrangements IN ADVANCE of the day of the chili cook-off. Our booth map does not assume electricity is available.
- Each participating booth will be given 2 complimentary tickets.
- Booths cost $50.00 (Member Discount).
- Prepare a minimum of 5 gallons of chili.
- You may also enter cookies and/or cornbread. You will need 4 dozen servings.
- The theme this year is "FARM FEST." We look forward to seeing your representation of local agriculture impacts your life.
- The Week of the Cook Off:
- Participants must come by the Chamber Office the week of the Chili Cook Off and pick up your supplies for judging.
- You will be assigned a number for your booth for judging purposes. Please do not wait until the night of the cook off to come by the Chamber, as supplies will not be available at that time.
- The Night of the Cook Off:
- You may set up from 4:30 ? 5:30 p.m. in your assigned spot. Please move your vehicle after unloading.
- Bring a container for people to give money for "People's Choice Chili" for the Chamber to pick up at the end of the night to tally the winner. (No prize, just bragging rights)
- Bring a table and chairs.
- Bring serving utensils for your chili, cookies, and cornbread and a trash bag to keep your area clean.
- Offer condiments if you like, but they will not be judged.
- Bring a 100' electrical cord if you need one. You should have already spoken with the business owner to make sure you can use their electrical outlet.
- Burner Use: Must be pre-approved by committee.
- 5:00-5:30 p.m. take your numbered items you want judged to the Chamber Office. Please do not put your name or any identifiable marks on your entry.
- For Judging, Please Supply:
- Chili ? 2 numbered tasting cups (provided by Chamber)
- Cookies ? 2 cookies in a sandwich bag w/ your number
- Cornbread ? 2 servings in a sandwich bag w/ your number
- No entries brought to the Chamber Office after 6:00 p.m. will be judged!
- At approximately 7:00 p.m., judging will be completed and ribbons/trophies will be awarded at the stage.
Restrooms are in the Courthouse Basement - West Side Entrance.
Parking is available off the immediate Square and the Courthouse Annex.
Event area disclosures of risk available at gilescountychamber.com/conditions.
1st Place Best Chili 2nd Place Best Chili Best Cornbread
Best Cookie Best "FARM FEST" Booth